I'm so excited!

My parents have been on a mission in Germany for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months, and they are finally coming home! They are actually officially finished with their mission today, but they are staying in Europe for a couple of weeks to do some 'touristing'. They will start with 3 days in Rome, then take a 10-day Mediterranean Cruise, and finish the trip off with 3 days in Barcelona.

Since I was in Europe just three months ago, I'm not all that jealous...EXCEPT THAT CRUISE! Oh my, how I wish I could go on that cruise! Cruising is my favorite way to vacation, (mostly because of the food), and as a result, I am often caught daydreaming about what wonderful cruises I would like to take. Unfortunately, money and the fact that I have 5 children at home, prevents me from fulfilling my cruising fantasies.

Back to the point. I am so excited that my parents are finally coming home. It's amazing how much a 28-year-old woman still needs her mom. I can't tell you how many times I have wished that I could just go park on my mom's barstool and chat with her. Grandkids sprawled through the house, causing various catastrophes in virtual silence. Ahhh, the good old days.

I think that my parents are going to build a house, and will live in a rental until it is finished. The rental they have in mind is not the most sanitary of places, so I am not so sure how much parking I will be doing in that house. But, the house to come... Oh baby, when can I move in? (The answer to that question from my father would be a resounding 'NEVER'.)

I can't wait to be able to find my dad at the farm when I need to talk. It's hard to put crises on hold while you wait through the 8-hour time difference for it to be a reasonable time to call.

I am also hoping that I can get my dad to roll up his sleeves and pitch in to help Brett get the landscaping done at my house. Brett just needs some motivation, and I think my dad could provide that. (Brett claims it will be done before my dad gets home... yeah, we'll see.)

The bottom line is this: My parents are coming home, and I am bursting with anticipation!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home