*~*~ WE'RE HOME!!! ~*~*

We came home on Tuesday. Keira ended up needing an oxygen/pulse monitor, but it's not one that beeps all the time, just if there is a problem, so I'm not complaining. It goes off a lot, but there have only been two times that it has been a "real" alarm and she has turned blue. That is a FREAKY experience, and one I would never wish on any mother. At least she is on the monitor, so I know that it's happening even if I'm not looking at her!

Their discharge weights were: Keira 4lbs 2 oz and Ketera 5lbs 7oz.I'm glad that they sleep a lot right now, I just wish they would do it at night, not all day! My energy is pretty drained at the moment.I'm SO DANG TIRED!

The babies had a doctor's appt yesterday, and they have gained 2 oz each since their discharge. They have another appointment in the morning to check weights again, and the doctor said if Keira isn't gaining she wants to readmit her. THAT SUCKS! I've been really paying attention to what she eats now, because I don't think I can stand it if she has to go back to the hospital!

Keira also has to have 2 months apnea-free before she can be off of the monitor. That dang monitor makes it difficult even going from room to room... but, at least she's home!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home