My Life

I had the SCARIEST night of my life Monday night. I went shopping with Brett and Anna (from Germany) to Jordan Landing. We had a great time and decided to go for some Chinese Food. We sat down, got our drinks and we were just getting our soup when I felt a pop and then a gush of warm fluid from my vagina. I reached down and felt just outside my jeans and my hand came back covered in blood. I panicked and ran to the bathroom, pulled down my pants and heard a "plunk". I was sobbing and freaking and I KNEW I had killed my baby. ***GROSS AHEAD*** I reached into the toilet and pulled whatever it was out to examine it. I was praying SO hard that I would not find a baby, or any piece of a baby. It was just a clot - a HUGE clot, but thankfully just a clot.

We left the restaraunt in a rush, and somehow found our way to Jordan Valley Hospital. I got checked in and I was still gushing blood (my jeans were soaked to the knees with blood). A phlebotomist came and drew my blood and another nurse came in and gave me an IV. Then yet another nurse came in with a doppler. I said "will you do me a favor?" He said "what's that?" I said, "Please, please, please find me a heartbeat!" He laughed and said that was his only goal. THANK GOD - he found one. Every 30 minutes I was filling up one of those blue bed pads with blood.

Then I had to wait about 45 minutes for an ultrasound. We went in and the tech told me that she wouldn't be able to give me any information, she could only take the pictures. Ha ha - she lied.

She started the ultrasound and suddenly said "Are we expecting only one baby?" I SCREAMED "SHUT-UP!" "There are two in there," she said. "Are they both alive?" I asked. They are!!! THEY ARE!! I am pregnant with twins and as of right now they are both still alive!! She checked for placenta previa - which she didn't see - and checked for any indication of where the blood was coming from. Everything inside my uterus is okay. The ER doc cannot explain the bleeding, but told me that she is very concerned because there was SO MUCH blood, and also told me that I need to take this VERY seriously.

My OB/Gyn said that he can't pinpoint the bleeding, but that it looks like there is nothing to be concerned about at the moment. The babies' heartbeats are strong and they are moving well. I am on STRICT bedrest until the bleeding stops and then modified bedrest thereafter. I am still in shock - I am pregnant with TWINS!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home